Vision Rehabilitation Services of Georgia (VRS) is dedicated to assisting individuals who are blind or visually impaired so they may function independently in all of their environments.VRS provides practical tools and proven techniques to help our clients carry out their daily activities.
Our certified instructors build a custom plan of service based on the needs of each individual client.
VRS services include:
- Comprehensive low-vision evaluations
- Instruction in a variety of daily living skills
- Safe travel (orientation and mobility)
- Access Technology Training in magnification and speech software programs
- Transition to vision loss counseling
- Diabetes Management with Low Vision
- Job Readiness Classes
VRS was founded in 1983 by Sarah Sentell Scott, a Cobb County resident, who at the age of 42 lost her vision and found few services to help her.
Services are supported in part by funds from the United Way in Cobb County, Cobb County Government, contracts with Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency,Project Independence, and school systems as well as various grants and private donations. A private nonprofit organization under IRS guidelines, VRS is accredited by the National Accreditation Council for agencies serving the blind and visually impaired.